The Basement Bookstore is open Thursdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. All books are donated and the proceeds go to the church. Paperbacks cost $1.00, hard covers cost $2.00 and large books cost $5.00. There are many current and popular titles.
In the Basement Bookstore you can find books about art, crafts and painting your house. I also have biographies, Canadiana, classics, comedy, cookbooks, dictionaries, health and medicine, mysteries, non-fiction, novels, plays, poetry, travel and children’s books (picture books for toddlers and early readers and chapter books for older readers.
Although a person may not be there to assist you, please feel free to browse and buy.
The Basement Bookstore has been open for 8 years! To celebrate, the bookstore is having a sale on the first Thursday in December on December 5, 2019 from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Here are 8 reasons to celebrate the 8th anniversary of the Basement Bookstore:
- varied choice of books;
- reasonable prices;
- Betty always has a suggestion of books to buy;
- give a book or two as gifts in the coming holiday season;
- Betty always serves a tasty treat while you shop at the sale;
- classics and many Canadian authors;
- stock is current and you can find bargains; and,
- Betty will have something besides books to sell.