St. Andrew’s River Heights, at the corner of Oak Street and Kingsway Avenue, is located in an established residential section of southwest Winnipeg, about a 15-minute drive from downtown. Built in 1950, it is a well maintained, spacious, contemporary facility. There is a large sanctuary on the main level with a balcony with seating for approximately 600 worshippers. Beautiful memorial stained glass windows adorn the sanctuary. A three manual Casavant pipe organ was installed in 1958 and improved in 1981. Also on the main level is a chapel with seating for approximately 45, a large lounge used for gatherings and meetings and a small kitchen.
The church office is conveniently located on the main level across the hall from the ministers’ offices. The main floor is well above street level, allowing for high ceilings in the lower level which contains Christian Education rooms, the library, the main kitchen, the Choir room, the caretakers’ office and a large lower hall with a stage. The Oak Street Nursery School and RHS Childcare use some of the facilities in the lower level during the week.
There is a wheelchair ramp, located at the southeast corner of the building which is used to access the narthex entrance of the main level. An elevator was installed inside the northeast doors which can access the main level or the lower level. The sanctuary is also equipped with listening aids for the hearing impaired.
Our building has been equipped with an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). It is located inside the inner doors fo the 255 Oak St entrace.